Questions & Answers
Where is the festival located?
Pyramid yoga center, Koh Phangan, Thailand.
How do I get there?
To reach the island. From Bangkok, flight to either Surat Thani or Koh Samui, followed by ferry to Koh Phangan.
Bus and train also travel between Bangkok and Koh Phangan.
Check transportation – book tickets in advance here https://12go.asia/en
When is it?
Festival begins with registration on 20th March 13:00. Please bring with you the remaining festival fee in either euros or thai baht. First class starts at 15:30 and welcome circle 20:00
What is the program?
Daily schedule –
- Morning: yoga and singing circle
- Contact improvisation intensive: Teacher(s) will offer particular focus/theme to be explored in 5 classes over the festival week. Building daily for deeper understanding and development.
- Jam/lab & sharing: 1 hour to further research material from morning class, integrate it with jamming, or reflect on your process in sharing circle.
- Lunch together & time to rest
- Afternoon: choice of 3 classes of movement research related to and supporting contact improvisation.
- Evening: nightly jams and ecstatic dances
*note there will be one free morning during the festival
Who is teaching?
Over 20 international teachers/facilitators join us to share their passion.
- Intensive 1 with Vega Luukkonen and Hugh Stanier
- Intensive 2 with Ulli Wittemann
Upon registration on 20th we will ask you to confirm which intensive you will attend. Check out our teachers and facilitators.
Description of Intensives, afternoon classes and teachers you can find on the website.
What is included in the festival?
All workshops, classes and jams morning till night! One lunch meal each day, water and tea.
Where can I find accommodation?
We have limited huts available on festival site. Price range 15-20 euro per night for private bungalow in the pyramid jungle. Please contact us- message festival fb page or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve yourself a hut.
There are plenty of options on the island to suit your budget.
We recommend staying in either Haad Salad or Haad Yao. These are the 2 closest beaches to the festival. You can check on booking.com. We suggest you book in advance as early as possible. We cannot personally organise accommodation for you beyond the pyramid option.
What about food?
Lunch time meal, water and tea is provided for by the festival.
Pyramid yoga center also offer vegan breakfast and dinner at Additional cost. There are many heathy/western restaurants on the beaches and in the village Sri Thanu, close by. We also love the simply delicious thai cuisine of many local restaurants and cafes. Exotic fruits are bountiful and inexpensive – so you can easily enjoy coconuts and mangos everyday!
What should I bring?
- Loose fitting clothing for dancing – long pants and t-shirts. Anticipate warm/sweaty jams (we are on a tropical island after all) by bringing with you extra change of clothes for dancing
- Knee pads
- Sun protection – hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, after sun
- Beach – swimwear, goggles, nose clip, towel
- Mosquito repellent
- Note book & pen
*all these items (except knee pads) can easily be found on the island.
How do I get around the island?
Taxis at the pier can take you from the ferry to your accommodation. You do not need to booked in advance.
The most popular/inexpensive way to travel around the island is to rent a scooter. If you do not feel comfortable driving – we suggest you stay in a hut at pyramid or near by during the festival and we can connect you to another driver to assist you should you want to explore the island.
Is there internet access?
WiFi is not available on festival site: We strive to be in the present moment and share with the people that inhabit our physical space.
WiFi is easily accessed in other areas of the island. You can purchase unlimited internet package with a thai SIM card in Thong Sala (main pier town). It is relatively inexpensive and simple process – you just need your passport with you to show them at purchase.
Do I need insurance?
Yes, we recommend you take insurance for your trip. The festival is not liable for any damages to you or your possessions. We highly suggest you check ‘world nomad’ for comprehensive travel cover or another insurance from your home country.