QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Pyramid yoga center, Koh Phangan, Thailand.
Festival begins with registration on 23rd March at 13:00. Please bring with you the remaining festival fee in either euros or Thai baht. First class starts at 15:30 and welcome circle 20:00.
- Morning: yoga and singing circle
- Intensive: Teacher(s) will offer particular focus/theme to be explored in 5 classes over the festival week. Building daily for deeper understanding and development.
- Sharing circle: Vocalise the experience and reflect on on the individual process.
- Lunch together & time to rest
- Afternoon: choice of 2 classes of movement research related to and supporting the development CI.
- Evening: nightly jams with live improvisation music.
*note there will be one special Ecstatic dance morning, and one beach/water jam evening during the festival.
International teachers/facilitators join us to share their movement research. With 3 intensives to choose from focused on Contact Improvisation, Play Fight and Water Dance.
Class teachers sharing their unique approach to Contact Improvisation through specific lens of movement research.
Upon registration will ask you to confirm which intensive you will attend. Check out our teachers and facilitators.
Description of Intensives, afternoon classes and teachers you can find on the website.
All workshops, classes and jams, morning till night! One lunch meal each day for 8 days, water and tea.
Lunch time meal, water and tea is provided for by the festival from 24th – 31st March.
Pyramid yoga center also offer vegan breakfast and dinner and late night snacks by the fire at additional cost. There are many heathy/western restaurants on the beaches and in the village Sri Thanu, close by. The simply delicious thai cuisine of many local restaurants and cafes are inexpensive, (around 2 euro for a meal). Exotic fruits are bountiful and cheap – so you can easily enjoy the coconuts and mangos everyday!
There are limited huts available on festival site. Price range 15-20 euro per night for private bungalow at the Pyramid Yoga Center. Please contact Pyramid directly via their website if you would like to reserve a hut with them.
There are plenty of options on the island – we recommend staying in either Haad Salad or Haad Yao. These are the 2 closest beaches to the festival. You can check on booking.com. We suggest you book in advance as early as possible. We cannot personally organise accommodation for you.
- Loose fitting clothing for dancing – long pants and sleeve t-shirts. Anticipate warm/sweaty jams (we are on a tropical island after all) by bringing with you extra changes of clothes for dancing.
- Knee pads
- Sun protection – hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, after sun.
- Beach – swimwear, goggles, nose clip, towel.
- Mosquito repellent
- Note book & pen
*all these items (except knee pads) can easily be found on the island.
Taxis at the pier can take you from the ferry to your accommodation. You do not need to book in advance.
The most popular/inexpensive way to travel around the island is to rent a scooter. If you do not feel comfortable driving – we suggest you stay in a hut at pyramid or near by during the festival and we can connect you to another driver to assist you should you want to explore the island.
WiFi is not available on festival site: We strive to be in the present moment and share with the people that inhabit our physical space.
WiFi is easily accessed in other areas of the island. You can purchase unlimited internet package with a thai SIM card in Thong Sala (main pier town). It is relatively simple process – you just need your passport with you to show them at purchase.